When it comes to interior doors, there are two main types: sliding doors and pivot doors. While...Apr 24, 2023
How to wash a sliding door?
There is no doubt that sliding doors are a great addition to your home. The beauty, convenience, efficiency, and other features of sliding doors attract homeowners to install them in their homes. After the successful installation of sliding doors and windows, you should follow the manufacturer’s maintenance instructions so that they can function properly for a longer time.
Washing and cleaning sliding doors is essential to keep them maintained. Dirt, smudges, and fingerprint marks are clearly visible on the glass sliding doors, making them look filthy. A poorly cleaned and maintained sliding door looks unattractive and can be bothersome. Grime and gravel also accumulate on the door track, making the movement of the sliding door troublesome. When a sliding door gets stuck in the door track due to the deposited grime, trying to open or close it forcefully may lead to cracks or damage to the track or door frame.
So, to keep your sliding door maintained and well functioning, you need to clean and wash the door. If you are also planning to wash your sliding doors, then this post is for you. Here we will see a thorough process of washing the sliding door.
HOW TO WASH A SLIDING DOOR?
A poorly cleaned sliding door looks unappealing. When it comes to washing sliding doors, cleaning visible fingerprints, dust, and dirt on the glass panes is not enough. You have to clean every part of the sliding door, like the tracks, wheels, the door frame, and everything. You can also see it like this: when you have to remove the sliding door from its track for washing, why not spend a few more minutes cleaning the other parts as well? It will slide smoothly and work better when you reinstall the door again.
Before you begin and get your hands dirty, here is a list of some tools and other items that you will need while washing and cleaning sliding doors.
- Paper towels
- A miniature vacuum
- A couple of clean cloths
- A screwdriver
- A toothbrush
- A large blanket
- A bucket filled with soapy water
Before you jump into removing sliding doors and washing them, you should know what parts of the sliding door you are dealing with. You will have to work with the sliding door parts, including:
- The track – The track can be located either at the bottom or at the top of the sliding door depending upon its configuration.
- The head – The horizontal part on the top of the sliding door track is called the head.
- The sill – The horizontal part on the bottom of the track is known as a sill.
- The roller – The roller is a component of a sliding door with the help of which the door slides along the track. It is attached underneath the door.
Now let’s see the step-by-step process of washing the sliding door.
1. REMOVE THE SLIDING DOOR FROM ITS TRACK –
You can separate the sliding door from its track in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Preparation
Before you begin taking the sliding door off, vacate the surrounding area by removing furniture and other items out of the way. Lay down a large blanket in the middle of the room to lay the sliding door on it after removing it from its track. Don’t forget to remove rugs, mats, or anything that may turn into a tripping hazard, especially when you hold your removed sliding door.
- Step 2: detach the door from its track
Examine the configuration of a sliding door to determine whether it has screws in the bottom and top track that need to be removed first. Take out all the screws that you find and grab the sliding door from both sides.
- Step 3: Lift out the door
Have someone with you when it comes to lifting off the door. Make a good grip and lift the door upper side of the top track to detach it from the lower track, and then start pull
2. CLEAN THE SLIDING DOOR TRACK
Cleaning the door track is somewhat of a daunting task. Dust, grime, gravel, and debris accumulate on the track over time. If you ignore them, your sliding door may stop functioning altogether. It’s better to spend a few minutes cleaning the track.
- Vacuum first – Depending on how long it has been since the track was cleaned, there may be a lot of dust and grime accumulated. Begin by vacuuming the track and cleaning it properly.
- Scrub the track – After vacuuming the bulk of the dirt, scrub away the remaining dust and crime by using the sponge toothbrush and soapy water. After scrubbing and cleaning the track, wipe it with a piece of clean cloth. Make sure the track is moisture-free
Clean the sill, jamb, roller, and other parts of the sliding door along with the track.
3.WASH THE SLIDING DOOR
finally, coming to the main part, you; you can wash the sliding door just by following these three easy steps:
- Take a piece of clean cloth or rag, soak it in the soapy water and wipe the glass sliding door thoroughly with it.
- Leave it for a few minutes, and then wipe off the soapy water with another piece of clean cloth. You can also use clean water to drain the soapy water. Pour the water off from top to bottom.
- Take another piece of clean cloth and wipe the glass door surface thoroughly.
Remember, when you use soapy water to wash the sliding door, wash out the solution immediately. Leaving the solution for too long may cause blotchy streaks on the glass surface.
Follow these steps to wash your sliding door. After a thorough cleaning of the sliding door, it will start to look appealing again. Cleaning the door and track helps it function better and slide smoothly.
EMPLACEMENTS | LOCATIONS
Prenez rendez-vous pour voir
nos produits de vos propres yeux
9665 Chemin de la Côte-de-Liesse, Dorval, QC H9P 1A3
+1 (514) 538-3331
- Lun|Mon : Fermé|Closed
- Mar|Tue : 10:00 – 6:00
- Mer|Wed : 10:00 – 6:00
- Jeu|Thu : 10:00 – 6:00
- Ven|Fri : 10:00 – 6:00
- Sam|Sat : 12:00 – 5:00
- Dim|Sun : Fermé|Closed
7250 Keele St, Unit 184, Concord, ON L4K 1Z8
+ 1 (437) 432-7170
- By appointment only. Please call or e-mail us to set up an appointment with our representative!
- Sur rendez-vous uniquement. Veuillez nous appeler ou nous envoyer un courriel pour prendre rendez-vous avec notre représentant!